Catherine Holt is a middle grade author and librarian who was born in Australia but now lives in New Zealand. Because she is mysterious, she also writes under the name Amanda Ashby and her books have been nominated for a Romantic Times Reviewers Choice award, and listed by the New York Public Libraryʼs Stuff for the Teen Age.
- I’ve worked as travel agent, salesperson, retro furniture dealer and a librarian
- I hate bananas
- Liverpool Football Club is the greatest team in the world
- Apart from the All Blacks. The All Blacks are pretty awesome, too!
- Joss Whedon is a genius
- Jane Austen and Georgette Heyer are the only books I re-read on a regular basis
- The Earthsea Trilogy by Ursula Le Guin is my favorite book in the world
- Did I mention the bananas? They really are the work of the devil
- Deadwood, Game of Thrones, Vikings, Parks and Recreation, Buffy, Veronica Mars and Gilmore Girls are some of my favorite TV shows
- I live in New Zealand but write for American publishers, which means I’m constantly trying to figure out if I should use US or NZ spelling on social media
- Of course this is amusing considering the fact I’m the world’s worst speller!
- I was in the opening ceremony of the 1982 Commonwealth Games in Brisbane
- I read The Hobbit when I was ten years old
- I saw the movie Princess Bride three times in one week when it first came out
- I can’t tell my left hand from my right (please don’t give me tips on how to remedy this because they DON’T work)
- I can’t clap in time. At all. My palms tingle and I feel fidgety just at the thought
- Despite not being able to tell my left from my right I have a weirdly good sense of direction
- I have an abnormally large collection of crotchet rugs and vintage tablecloths
- When it comes to writing, if no one tells me to stop, I’ll just keep on going. Hence why this facts list doesn’t seem to be coming to an end
- A friend has just told me to stop. Which is another fact about me – occasionally I can be very obedient